PE and Sport Premium
In March 2013 the Government announced that it would provide additional funding to primary schools to support the improvement of provision of PE and sport. The funding, allocated to headteachers in primary schools is ring fenced and can only be spent on PE and sport in primary schools. The headteacher and governors are accountable for the spending of the funding.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of their physical education (PE), physical activity and sport. Schools should use the premium to secure improvements in the following 5 key indicators.
- Engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- Profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
To view an overview of how we spent the PE and Sport Premium in 2021-22 please view or download the file below. You can also view our previous impact reports below.